Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bok Choy and Tofu Stir-Fry

Ingredients
  • 1 spray(s) cooking spray (I will omit this when I make it)
  • 1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
  • 1 Tbsp ginger root, grated
  • 4 cup(s) bok choy, coarsely chopped
  • 1 cup(s) shiitake mushroom(s), caps only, sliced
  • 12 oz low-fat tofu, firm, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (I will omit this when I make it)
  • 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
  • 1/4 cup(s) scallion(s), chopped (green parts only)
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 2 cup(s) cooked brown rice
Instructions

* Coat a nonstick wok or skillet with cooking spray. Add garlic, ginger, bok choy and mushrooms; stir-fry over medium-high heat until bok choy is wilted, about 3 minutes. Add tofu cubes and brown for 1 minute.

* Stir in soy sauce, hoisin sauce, scallions and pepper; heat through, about 1 minute. Spoon 1/2 cup of rice onto each of 4 plates and top each with about 1 cup of tofu mixture.

PointsPlus™ Value: 5 (including the spray and the tofu which I omit)
Servings: 4

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket