Sunday, January 30, 2011

Asparagus Vichyssoise

Traditionally, vichyssoise is served cold but I prefer it warm.
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 4 medium potatoes, any type, peeled and diced
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
  • 1 pound of fresh or frozen asparagus, cut into 1-inch lenghts
  • sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
  • 5 cups of vegetable broth or unchicken broth

1. Place oil in large, deep saucepan and turn heat to medium. Once oil is hot, add the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, stir occasionally.

2. Add stock and cook until vegetables are very tender, about 15 minutes.

3. Puree soup until very smooth using either a food processor, blender or immersion blender (I love my immersion blender! )

4. Eat!
__________

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket