- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium potatoes, any type, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 pound of fresh or frozen asparagus, cut into 1-inch lenghts
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 5 cups of vegetable broth or unchicken broth
1. Place oil in large, deep saucepan and turn heat to medium. Once oil is hot, add the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, stir occasionally.
2. Add stock and cook until vegetables are very tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Puree soup until very smooth using either a food processor, blender or immersion blender (I love my immersion blender! )