Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Yay! and Easy, Delicious Vegan No-Bake Cookies

I am so excited. I found Tofurky at our local grocery store!! I have been checking and checking and it is never there. I was doing research and deciding on something yummy to make for my Christmas dinner when I am making a traditional one for everyone else. And then . . . I found my Tofurky!

On that note, also have some yummy vegan cookie recipes that I am going to try. Just because I am vegan doesn't mean I can't eat yummy food! I am completely looking forward to having THIS for supper tonight.

Easy, Delicious Vegan No-Bake Cookies

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups raw sugar or other vegan sweetener
1/2 cup nondairy milk
1/2 cup vegan margarine
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

1. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, nondairy milk, vegan butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 1/2 minutes.

2. Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla.

3. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool in fridge (freezer if you are in a hurry) until hardened.

Makes: 20 cookies, Preparation time: 10 minutes, Cooking time: 5 minutes

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket