* 4 cups peeled and quartered baking potatoes (about 4 medium)
* 1 medium-sized onion, quartered
* 1/2 12.3-oz. pkg. lite silken tofu
* 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
* 2 1/2 Tbs. whole wheat flour
* 2 Tbs. whole grain yellow cornmeal
* 1 Tbs. egg replacer powder
* 1 tsp. baking powder
* 1 tsp. sea salt
* 1/2 cup unflavored soymilk
* 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
* 1 Tbs. olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 200F.
2. Grate potatoes in food processor or using small holes of hand grater. Spread on layered paper towels, and press out excess moisture. Grate onion; mix with potatoes in large bowl. Set aside.
3. Put tofu in food processor, and purée until smooth. Add yeast, flour, cornmeal, egg replacer, baking powder and salt. With motor running, pour soymilk through feed tube, and process until blended, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add tofu mixture, potato flakes and oil to potato mixture, and mix well. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat about 30 seconds over medium heat. Add batter to pan in 1/4 cupfuls. Cook latkes 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Transfer to baking sheet, cover with foil and keep warm in oven. Repeat, re-spraying pan when necessary. Serve hot.
Nutritional Information Per SERVING: Calories: 140, Protein: 6g, Total fat: 2g, Saturated fat: g, Carbs: 23g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 380mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 2g