* 6 oz. wide egg noodles
* 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
* 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
* 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites
* 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1 cup raisins
* 4 Golden Delicious apples, peeled and cored (1 1/2 lb.)
* 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Cook egg noodles in large pot of boiling salted water 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
3. Whisk together cottage cheese, yogurt, eggs, egg whites, cinnamon, and salt in bowl. Fold in egg noodles and raisins.
4. Quarter each apple. Slice each quarter into thirds. Set aside.
5. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples, sprinkle with sugar, and cook 4 minutes without stirring. Gently flip apples and cook 4 minutes more, or until softened and golden on both sides, turning once or twice. Carefully transfer apples to noodle mixture.
6. Spoon noodle mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake 40 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Cool 15 minutes before slicing. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Nutritional Information Per SERVING: Calories: 201, Protein: 10g, Total fat: 4g, Saturated fat: 2g, Carbs: 32g, Cholesterol: 55mg, Sodium: 342mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 20g