* 3/4 cup grated low-fat Cheddar cheese
* 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 Tbs. chopped fresh sage
* 3/4 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
* 1 small rutabaga, thinly sliced (5 oz.)
* 1 medium russet potato, sliced (5 oz.)
* 1/2 small yellow onion, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
* 1/2 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
* 1 cup low-fat milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 1-qt. baking dish with oil. Combine cheese, flour, sage, salt, and pepper in bowl.
2. Layer half of rutabaga, potato, onion, and fennel in prepared baking dish. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and sprinkle with half of cheese mixture.
3. Top with remaining vegetables; season with salt and pepper, if desired; and pour milk over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.
4. Bake 1 hour, or until liquid is absorbed and vegetables are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per 1 1/2-cup serving: Calories: 300, Protein: 19g, Total fat: 5g, Saturated fat: 3g, Carbs: 46g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 805mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 12g