* 2 cups shelled lima beans or 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen baby lima beans, thawed
* 1 Tbs. butter
* 1 tsp. olive oil
* 1 small red onion, diced (1cup)
* 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
* 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
* 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
* 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
* 2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
* 1 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar
1. If using fresh lima beans, bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add beans, and blanch 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender but not soft.
2. Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
3. Stir in lima beans, and sauté 5 minutes. Add corn and tomatoes, and sauté 1 minute more, or until heated through, but tomatoes have not released their juices. Remove from heat, and stir in parsley, basil, and vinegar. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutritional Information Per SERVING:
Total fat: 4.5g,
Saturated fat: 2g,