Makes 2 cups
* 4 cups fresh or frozen peas
* 1 medium tomato, chopped (about 1 cup)
* 1 bunch green onions, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
* 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
* 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
* 1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce
1. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas, and cook 15 minutes. Drain, and rinse under cold water. Purée in food processor, then press through medium-meshed sieve with back of ladle to separate skins from purée.
2. Combine pea purée and remaining ingredients in medium bowl. Let stand 30 minutes to develop flavors. Serve with tortilla chips or Mexican dishes.
Nutritional Information Per TABLESPOON:
Total fat: g,
Saturated fat: g,