Use as a topping for burritos or other Mexican-style food, or serve as a dip for Oven-Baked Tortilla Chips or raw vegetables.
* 2 cups finely chopped tomatoes
* 1 small onion, finely chopped
* 1/3 cup chopped canned green chilies
* 1/4 to 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
* Pinch or two cayenne (optional)
Combine all of the ingredients, except the cayenne, in a small bowl and mix well. Taste. Add cayenne if your taste buds permit.
Note: This will keep in the refrigerator for about 1 week