5 cups vegetable broth
3 leeks -- white part only; thinly sliced
1 large red potato -- scrubbed & chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
freshly ground black pepper -- several twists
1/2 cup orzo
15 ounces canned white beans -- drained & rinsed
2 small zucchini -- cut in half lengthwise & sliced
3 cups fresh spinach -- *see Note
dash tabasco sauce -- to taste
1) Pour one cup of the broth into a large pot. Add the leeks. Cook,stirring occasionally, for three minutes.
2) Add the remaining 4 cups of broth, the potato, basil, oregano, and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
3) Add the orzo pasta and continue to cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Add the beans and zucchini and cook for 10 more minutes.
5) Stir in the spinach and Tabasco. Cook until the spinach has wilted,about 2 minutes.
Per Serving: 321 Calories; 4g Fat (10.8% calories from fat); 14g Protein; 59g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 1383mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
NOTES : * Buy triple-washed spinach in bags. Remove the stems and stack the leaves in piles. Cut down the center length-wise, then slice crosswise.