Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Struggles

As you might have guess, I have been struggling a little. I feel like a boat lost at sea. I just don't know how to get to where I want to go. I keep grasping onto different things to try to keep me afloat but I am just not sure what I am doing. I have insulin issues to keep in mind, I have IBS, difficulty digesting fat, and other stomach issues to keep track of as well, I have budgetary issues to remember and I have to keep in mind that I am a homeschooling, stay at home mom of three kids with limited amounts of time to devote to my weightloss goals. It would be nice to have an easy, inexpensive, family friendly plan that balanced out my blood sugars and didn't irritate my stomach. Prince Charming wants me to write to Dr. Oz to see if he can help me come up with a plan to work for me.

For now I am trying something new. This is the plan I have come up with:

I DO NOT eat:
- refined sugar
- refined flour
- white rice
- highly processed grains
- honey
- fruits with high glycemic values (bananas, watermelon, pineapple, raisins)
- vegetables with high glycemic values (corn, potatoes)
...or any foods containing appreciable amounts of these ingredients
- no man-made fats

I DO eat:
- meat (sometimes, if not vegetarian meal, preferably fish and chicken )
- vegetables (except those mentioned above)
- fruit (except those mentioned above)
- cheese and other dairy products (low fat)
- whole grains that are high in fiber
- Drink a lot of water daily

- get moderate form of exercise
- Fats/Oils (olive oil, peanut oil, canola oil, walnut oil, etc.)

1 comment:

Little Miss Sassy Pants said...

Hang on there honey. I know how tough this, i am on this journey too.

You can do it!

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket