Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hmmm . . . .

I am wondering whether I should be more aware of the portion sizes of the low fat, whole foods, plant based diet I am on. I know that Dr. McDougall says you don't have to, but it seems to me that too much of anything can be a bad thing. I am thinking that maybe I can eat these same foods but use Weight Watchers to track how much I am eating. I mean, my veggies would still be 0 points but then I would be able to be more aware of the amounts of rice and potatoes I am eating. It wouldn't be so much of a change in eating as just being more aware of what I am eating. Sticking to the same foods, just tracking them.

Today I through some things in a pot for a quick lunch and it was yummy. I took one pot and put in a can of diced tomatoes, one chopped jalapeno, a can of corn, chopped mushrooms, two tablespoons of tomato paste and a can of beans. I heated it thr0ugh and it was YUMMY.

For supper, I put potatoes, cabbage and carrots in a roasting pan with some veggie broth and slow cooked it until it reached a hash-like consistency. I added some extra salt and it was a yummy supper.

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket