Monday, February 8, 2010

websites

I have been having some fun surfing some really great vegetarian websites that are great resources. Other than my blog friends, I can tell that I am really going to like these. So, I have to share with you.

  • Veggie Boards: I have used this board in the past. These are a great bunch of people that have lots of tips, recipes and support for vegetarians of all sorts.
  • The Kind Life and their forums: It is a great source of support, information, and recipes for vegetarians. (and she is funny and real too). The site is an interactive extension of Alicia Silverstone's book, “The Kind Diet”, which is about living your healthiest and happiest life to the fullest, while taking care of the Earth at the same time! The site is whatever you make of it; whether it’s joining the many others who are on this same journey or simply visiting to gather information and other tips.
  • Low Fat Vegan: This site is dedicated to compassion, greater health and leanness. Most of the recipes are less than 10% fat, although there are a few higher fat dishes in the Feasts category. Most foods are gluten free except in Feasts.
  • Dr. McDougall and the McDougall Diet: He was one of the first traditional physicians of the medical "establishment" to assert that adoption of a vegetarian diet can reverse unfavorable medical conditions such as heart disease and teaches better health through vegetarian cuisine.His site has diet and medical info as well as discussion board for support.
  • Dr. Ornish: Support for the very low fat whole foods plant-based diet, that reduces heart disease.
As for me, I am doing better today, still sleep deprived but in a better mood. I was excited to find some frozen broccoli and cauliflower in my freezer and I see some soup in my future. I make a quick soup with veggies, veggie broth and a hand held immersion mixer. It is yummy and filling and I could eat it for days.

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket