Sunday, February 14, 2010

Interesting Quote

I read this today about "The End of Overeating." :
"The mention three types of compulsive eating. One, you are signaled to start craving a food by just seeing the sign, passing the mall, going to the store, etc. The second, you take one bite, and "can't stop", peanuts, chips, candy, cookies, etc. Three, you start to feel a certain emotion and are sure that only food will make you feel better."
I have to admit that thinking about it, I do all of those. Make no wonder I have eating issues. To this day, there are certain foods I can't have at all because I know that I have no control once I start. Sweet and Salty Granola bars are like that for me. I can eat a whole box all by myself in only a day or two. They are no-no for me.

Coffee is one that I have a hard time passing up. I see someone with one, I smell one, I see an ad for one, I see someone in a movie holding one and I am instantly transported to that lovely feeling of curling up on the couch in my nighty, under a nice cozy quilt, wrapping both hands around a wonderful, aromatic, soothing cup of coffee. It is such a luxurious feeling to me. Coffee gives me a little of that feeling in my every day life. (see I have a coffee issue LOL)

And thirdly, I have definitely found that when I am particularly stressed or upset, the first thing I find myself doing is rummaging through my cupboards to find the comfort food that I am suddenly craving.

I am interested in other people. Do you feel this way? Does food (or drink) make you feel this way?

As for my eating. I experimented with a savory and sweet version of broccoli and whole grain rice. It still has some work to do to get it just right. I cooked up some beef for Prince Charming to mix through the rice and broccoli combo to serve as a omnivore meal for him. He seemed to really like it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

To be honest I have all three eating issues too...did your source say how to overcome them?

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket