Monday, February 22, 2010

Curry Supper

I did okay today but I kept getting busy and forgetting to eat. I don't like to do that. I did eventually eat a nice bowl of oatmeal with mixed berries.

Tonight I am having Curry:

Curry

1 lg onion, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
2 TBSP curry powder
1 can diced tomatoes OR 4-5 fresh tomatoes, diced
1 can white beans, drained OR 2 c. cooked
2 TBSP (heaping) mango powder (optional, but it adds tang)
a handful of cilantro leaves, torn

saute the onion and garlic together in 3 TBSP water until translucent. Add the curry and stir. Allow to blend and heat through. Put the tomatoes in and stir to combine. Add the mango powder and stir to combine. Drain the beans and add to the sauce. Mash it all together with a potato masher. For smooth sauce, put in blender or use hand blender, and blend til smooth, then heat through.

serve over brown rice, and serve with roasted cauliflower and broccoli

UPDATE: I really enjoyed this. It is definitely going to make another appearance in my menu plan. It was super-easy and made enough that I will be having leftovers tomorrow.

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket