- 1 pound rhubarb cut into 1 inch pieces (blanch for 3 minutes in boiling water,
- 1 quart fresh sliced strawberries (or 2 cartons sugar-free frozen strawberries)
- 1 small package sugar-free strawberry or cherry Jell-O
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 cup reduced-fat Bisquick
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute (or 3 egg whites)
- 1 tsp. butter flavor extract (I left this out and couldn't tell the difference)
In a glass 9x9 or 9x12 baking dish, spread the blanched rhubarb. Top with the sliced strawberries. Sprinkle the dry Jell-O over the top of the strawberries. Pour the 2/3 cup boiling water over the Jell-O.
In a bowl, mix the Bisquick, sugar, milk, butter flavoring, and egg substitute. Gently spread this dough over the fruit. Bake at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until the crust is a delicate brown.
4 servings, about 3 POINTS each