- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons fat-free egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat ready-to-serve vanilla -- frosting
- Assorted colored sugars
2. On a lightly floured surface, turn out the dough. If necessary, knead in up to 2 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to make a firm dough. Roll out to 1/8" thick. Dip 2" cookie cutters in flour; cut the dough into shapes. Transfer the cookies to a large nonstick baking sheet. Bake until the cookies are lightly golden on the bottom, 8-10 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
3. With a small pastry brush, brush the cookies with the frosting; if necessary, thin the frosting with a little water. Sprinkle the cookies with the colored sugars.
Tip: Bake and decorate the sugar cookies a day ahead. Place them in a single layer on a wire rack and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Cookies cut in fanciful shapes lend a festive air to a party; if you like, use 2" alphabet cookie cutters and cut out "Happy Birthday" and your child's name." Serving size (1 cookie)
Serving Size - 1 cookie - 1 Point
According to the cookbook: Per serving: 45 Cal, 1g Fat (1g sat fat), 3mg Chol, 49mg Sod, 8g Carb, 0g Fiber, 0g Pro, 1mg Calc
Weight Watcher Points: 1