- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound assorted fresh mushrooms, cleaned & sliced (shiitake, crimini, or
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced br> 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups COOKED TURKEY, cubed
- 2 cups non-fat milk
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- fresh tarragon leaves for garnish
1. In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot olive oil, sauté mushrooms, minced tarragon, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt until mushrooms are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
2. Add cubed turkey and 1/3 cup water, stirring to loosen all browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, in a 3-quart saucepan, place 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1-1/3 cups milk; gradually whisk in cornmeal until smooth. In a 2-quart saucepan, heat remaining 2/3 cup milk and 2 cups water to boiling over high heat; whisk into cornmeal mixture. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, whisking. Reduce heat to low. Cook while stirring, 5 minutes or until thick. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
4. Serve polenta with turkey/mushroom mixture. Garnish each plate with a sprig of fresh tarragon leaves.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup turkey per serving
Fat: 18 g
Carbohydrates: 34 g
Protein: 36.7 g