- 1 jar (28 oz) spaghetti sauce (look for a lower-calorie/lower fat one, spicy is good)
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 15oz container of fat free ricotta cheese (I use FF cottage cheese)
- 1-2 cups chopped raw vegetables, such as mushrooms, broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini
- 8oz shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
Cover the dish tightly with foil. Bake about 1 hour or until noodles are tender. Take the foil off. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese, and bake uncovered for 5 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
6 servings, 6 POINTS each
Tips: It's important to put the foil on the pan tightly because it's the steam
that cooks the noodles. If you remove the foil but find the noodles aren't
completely cooked (poke them with a knife), use a spoon to push the noodles back
down under the sauce. Recover the pan with the foil and return to the oven for
another 10-15 minutes. If you take the foil off and the lasagna looks "soupy",
remove the foil and return the pan to the oven for 10 minutes or until the juice
has evaporated. Then sprinkle on the cheese and finish baking.