- 3 cups low-salt chicken broth -- divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (1/2 to 1 teaspoon)
- 3 cups acorn squash -- peeled, cubed (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- Chopped fresh parsley -- (optional)
simmer 20 minutes or until squash and rice are tender.
Place peanut butter and half of soup in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour purée into a bowl. Repeat with remaining soup, and add to bowl, stirring well.
Serving Size : 7 servings at 1 cup
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 152 Calories; 6g Fat (29.7% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 221mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.