- 1 teaspoon butter or stick margarine
- 8 ounces sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 3/4 cup onion -- finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery -- finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato -- diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups cubed French bread -- (about 8 slices) 1-inch cubes toasted
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chestnuts -- (about 1 pound in shell) shelled, cooked and coarsely chopped
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook until browned, stirring to crumble. Add onion and celery; sauté‚ 4 minutes. Add tomato and the next 4 ingredients (tomato through pepper); sauté‚ 3 minutes.
Combine the sausage mixture, bread, broth, and chestnuts in a large bowl. Spoon into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Bake at 350º for 40 minutes.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 166 Calories; 4g Fat (23.0% calories from
fat); 10g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 24mg Cholesterol; 514mg
Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.