- 2 t olive oil
- 1 c chopped onion (about 1 small)
- 1 c thinly sliced celery (2 med stalks)
- 4 c cubed or shredded potatoes (frozen works great)
- 3 c low fat or fat free milk
- 1 c corn
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a 3 to 4 quart saucepan.
- Add the onion and celery and sauté over medium heat until the vegetables soften, 7 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the potatoes and milk. Cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Mash some of the potatoes in the pot with a potato masher to thicken the soup if desired.
- Add the corn. Cook until heated through.
Salt and pepper to taste.
5 POINTS per serving