- 2 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- One large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 heaping teaspoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- Several dashes of Tabasco
- 1 cube chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 3 cups water
Spray large pot with cooking spray. Sauté onions for about 5 mins. Add the rest of ingredients, and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 mins until all vegetables are soft.
Using a stick blender, puree until you reach your desired consistency. Or, place batches of the soup in the blender.
When serving, add salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
7 points for the POT!