- 15 ounces top round or sirloin tip
- 4 fluid ounces (1/2 cup) dry red wine
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried leaves, crumbled
- Salt to taste
- Place steak in a gallon-size sealable plastic bag. Add wine, garlic and pepper.
- Lightly massage marinade into meat. Add rosemary sprig (if using dried, add with other ingredients).
- Seal bag, squeezing out air; turn to coat steak. Refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove meat from refrigerator at least 30 minutes before broiling.
- Preheat broiler for at least 20 minutes. Lift meat from marinade, and discard marinade.
- Broil on rack 3" from heat approximately 4 minutes on each side, salting cooked side and turning only once.
- Remove steak from broiler; allow it to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Slice thinly across the grain and serve immediately.
PER SERVING: 176 Calories, 27 g Protein, 4 g Fat,
1 g Carbohydrate, 54 mg Sodium, 71 mg Cholesterol, 0 g Dietary Fiber
Servings: 3 ounces