- 2 cups cooked brown rice, fridge temperature
- 2 cups frozen diced carrots and peas
- 1 cup chopped bean sprouts
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- One packet (about 1 oz.) fried rice seasoning mix (like the kind by Kikkoman or Sun-Bird)
- 1 tbsp. light or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small dish, combine seasoning mix, garlic powder, and ground ginger with soy sauce and 3 tbsp. warm water. Using a fork or whisk, stir until seasoning mix has dissolved. Set aside.
- Spray a wok or very large pan with nonstick spray, and bring it to medium heat on the stove. Add egg substitute and scramble until cooked, using a spatula to break it up into bite-sized pieces. Remove scrambled bits from the wok or pan and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and frozen vegetables to the wok or pan, and cook and stir until mushrooms have softened and all veggies are hot. Remove veggies and set aside with the egg-y bits.
- Remove your wok or pan from heat, re-spray with nonstick spray, and bring to high heat on the stove. Add rice and seasoning mixture, and stir to combine. Add bean sprouts, scallions and the previously cooked veggies and scrambled eggs, and mix thoroughly to integrate. Cook and stir until entire mixture is hot, there is no liquid left in the pan, and rice is just beginning to crisp. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Scoop into bowls and serve! (Chopsticks not required.)
MAKES 5 SERVINGS
Serving Size: 1 cup
POINTS® value 3*