* 1 medium eggplant, peeled
* 2 red bell peppers, seeded
* 1 red onion, peeled
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
* 1 tablespoon tomato paste
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Cut the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion into 1 inch cubes.
2. Toss them in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil, salt and
4. Spread them on a baking sheet.
5. Roast for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are brown and soft, tossing once during cooking.
6. Let cool slightly.
7. Place the vegetables in a food processor (you can use a blender if
8. you don't have a processor. (Food processor should be fitted with
9. steel blade).
10. Add the tomato paste and pulse 3-4 times to blend.
11. Taste for salt and pepper.