* 1 onion chopped
* 4 cloves garlic minced
* 1 cup mushrooms sliced ( or one small can with liquid )
* 2 Tbs olive oil
* 8 oz tomato sauce
* 6 oz tomato paste
* 2 1/2 cups water
* 1/2 cup dry lentils, rinsed
* 1 tsp each: basil, oregano and sugar
* 1 bay leaf
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 can Itlaian style stewed tomatoes, chopped
1. Saute onions and mushrooms in olive oil, add the garlic and saute to release flavors.
2. Add the tomato sauce, paste, water, lentils, serasonings
3. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
4. Simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until lentils are tender.
5. Add stewed tomatoes and simmer 5 more minutes.
6. Remove bay leaf and serve sauce with gluten free pasta.