- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground turkey or chicken
- 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 c. oat bran (most sources agree that as long as there is no cross-contamination oat bran is gluten free)
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix egg and oat bran in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix. Use an ice cream scoop to place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes or until golden. Makes 12-16 meatballs. 6 servings.
Nutritional information: Calories: 170, Fat: 2 g., Protein: 30 g., Carbs: 11g.