* 1 large onion, finely chopped
* 1 large carrot, diced
* 1 TB olive oil
* 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
* 1 lb tomatoes, diced ( or a 14 oz can diced )
* 1 TB fresh basil, minced ( or 1 tsp dried )
* fresh ground pepper
* 2 cups cooked chickpeas (can use canned chickpeas aka garbanzo beans, but dried and freshly cooked chickpeas have a better flavor)
1. Place the onion, carrot and oil in a pan and fry gently for 5 minutes.
2. Add the potatoes, tomatoes and their juice, herbs & pepper.
3. Cover & simmer gently for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
4. Stir occasionally to make sure that the potatoes do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
5. Add the cooked chickpeas and warm thorough gently.
6. That's it!