- 4 Cups of Cubed Butternut Squash (About 2 Medium)
- 1 Medium Onion, peeled and cubed
- 2 Medium Pears, peeled and cubed
- Olive Oil
- Generous Pinches of Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Cooking Sherry
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- ½ Cup Pecans, roughly chopped (and toasted, if you’ve got the time)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place cubes of squash, onion, and pear into a large bowl and toss with a generous drizzle of olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, and maple syrup. All pieces should be coated. Lay everything in a single layer onto a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes. Once roasted and then slightly cooled, transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth.
In a large saucepan, heat sherry over high heat until it reduces in volume by about half. Turn flame down to medium and add vegetable stock and squash mixture. Stir to combine, bring to a low simmer, and heat for an additional ten minutes. Transfer to individual bowls, garnish with pecans, and serve.