- Clean foods are those without man-made sugars, hydrogenated fats, trans-fats and other unnecessary ingredients.
- Spices are great for you, and help boost the flavor of food, without boosting the fat and caloric values.
- By shopping the outerparimeter of your local supermarket and making subtle changes in the way you prepare and order food, you will start to live the clean way.
- You can make an abrupt change, but honestly it is better to make slow and deliberate changes to your eating in order to totally grasp the clean eating lifestyle.
- Eating clean is not difficult, but it does take thought, preparation, and consideration.
- The basics of eating clean are using a few simple rules for most of your meals each day, all day, every day.
- Basic rule of clean eating - the carbohydrate/protein pairing:
- Consume a portion of lean protein (cold water fish, white meat poultry, etc.) in combination with complex carbohydrates (yams, whole wheat bread, etc.) at each meal, and you'll notice a significant change in how you feel and how you look.
- Basic rule of clean eating - fresh veggies and fruits:
- In addition, adding fresh fruits and vegetables to each meal will leave you feeling full & healthy! Clean snacks include the apples, fruit & nuts, or chopped veggies with hummus (one of my favorites) the fiber in these snacks satiates hunger pangs; plus fruits and veggies are loaded with beneficial vitamins and nutrients.
- Basic rule of clean eating - frequent smaller meals:
- Meals or snacks should be eaten at regular two or three hour intervals throughout the day if you are interested in really getting lean. If you are really interested in staying trim, eat more high quality foods regularly throughout the day, this will result in increased overall metabolism, fat loss, and retaining your lean muscle.
- Eating clean to stay lean does not mean eating less. In fact, you'll probably eat more than you were before. But now, you will be eating lots of healthy, superior foods that rev up your metabolism and fill you with lots of energy.
- Tips for eating clean include: preparing healthy foods in advance, having extra chicken breasts, tuna salad and chopped vegetables packed into a Tupperware containers for quick access.
- If you have the discipline to eat clean even 80% (90% is best) of the time, you will notice your body becoming lean and tone. You can literally transform your body composition by eating clean. Eating regular, high quality meals supports your metabolic rate and your cells, by providing just the right combination of nutrients to empower your body to perform at the highest level. If you want to look your best & feel your best, you must eat clean!
COOLER PLAN #1
Hardcore Eating for Hardcore Effect
How: Eat six meals per day with the last meal at 6:00 pm
When: Meals should be spread out every two to three hours
- *1 apple
- *Chicken, tuna, egg whites, turkey, bison, elk, non oily fish - five x 5oz servings
- * Raw veggies: cucumbers, radishes, tomatoes, lettuce, asparagus, green beans, sprouts, celery - five x 1 1/2 cup serving
- *Yams and/or sweet potatoes - 1 over the course of the day
- *Oatmeal cooked with water - 1 cup cooked
- *Distilled water or fresh water with no sodium - 1 gallon
- *No juice
- *No bread
- *No salad dressings, only lemon juice
Cooler Plan #2
Strict Eating for Best Results and Maintenance
Eat as above But include the Following:
- *Complex carbohydrates from fruit including berries, grapefruit, plenty of apples, mango- four x 1 cup servings
- *All vegetables, but limited amounts of corn, carrots and squash
- * Hot cooked cereal as well as muesli, Kashi Go Lean - 1 1/2 cups dry
- * 1 piece of whole-grain toast, dry
- *Unsweetened applesauce as sweetener on cereal or toast - 1/2 cup
- *Whole grain wraps - 2 per day
- *Low fat soy milk or skim milk - 1 cup per day
- *Brown rice - 1 cup cooked
- *Clear green tea, coffee and regular water, unlimited
- *Unsalted nuts - 1 handful or 1/2 cup throught out the day
- *Nut butters - 2 tablespoons
COOLER PLAN #3
Getting the idea of eating for Health and Life
Eat as Above. Avoid ALL refined foods including Cookies, Pastries, Candies, snack Foods, Fast Foods.
- *Whole eggs
- *Oatmeal with milk
- * Non-sugar cereals
- *1 glass juice
- *Unsalted nuts
- *Low fat yogurt
- *Low fat cottage cheese
- *Low fat cheese
- *Avoid most fats, especially butter, cream, ice cream, fatty dressings and meats
- eat foods free of all unnatural additives, like High Fructose corn syrup or aspartame or fillers you can't pronounce or understand... Don't buy it, with some effort you can find similar products that probably taste better, too.
- no man-made sugars, hydrogenated fats, trans-fats and other unnecessary ingredients (see first point above).
- shop the outerparimeter of your local supermarket. Once you grasp the reality of whats ont he inside- you'll understand! (unless of course we are in some of the healthier stores). The blessing here is that eating well and food choices are becoming trendy. Great stuff available but you still have to READ labels!
- Change up to mostly if not always eating lean meat, (chicken, fish) or egg whites. Moderation is key.
- As mentioned above, lose simple cards, white flour, sugars including cane juice.
- Veggies and fruits must be part of your world. The more the better. Eating clean foods grown from our earth that haven't been altered. Don't drown them in fatty rich sauces laden with sodium, either!
- Water, water water. And don't wait until you are thirsty. That means you are already dehydrating...
- Add two small snacks or "meals"... to keep your stomach happy, and quiet... (total 5-6 meals a day)
- snacks should also be clean: apples, fruit & nuts, or veggies (my personal tip is to try drinking a glass of water and then wait about 5 minutes to determine if your body was really just asking for water and not a snack) I got that great tidbit from Jay Robb (dot com)
- Eat as organic as possible. There's far less junk in organic foods.
- Choose whole foods as possible especially in grains/breads..
- Plan for success. Get organized and prep your meals in advance at least one day ahead. Don't get tempted by simply not being prepared.