Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thoughts

Doing Low carb goes relatively well with being gluten and dairy free. The only thing I am finding hard is the cheese. I am really missing it a lot. I really want to make a cheesecake too, but there is the cream cheese. Oh well, this will get easier, I know it will.

In the meantime, I am pleased to be cooking one meal for the whole family. It is low carb, gluten free and dairy free. Princess Belle gets lots of carbs all the other times of the day, although she gets a kick out of eating the same things as me and as long as she is eating healthy, I am cool with that.

I ordered a new cookbook that is for kid-friendly allergy recipes. I think it will be superhelpful in finding recipes for Princess Belle.

I am getting a bit stuck on recipes that are gluten free dairy free and low carb for suppers. I am kind of in a rut. I will have to go through my blog and see what strikes my fancy I guess.

As much as this way of life makes things complicated, I look around my house and see how much more I am getting done now a days and I know it is worth it and I know this will get easier with time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese for cheesecakes.

http://www.tofutti.com/btcc-nonhyd.shtml

I have celiac disease and have been gluten and casein free for three years.

Twisted Cinderella said...

Thanks so much! I will look for it.

Cory said...

Hope you find some stuff to get you out of your rut. And glad to hear that the Princess is enjoying it as well!

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket