- juice of half a lemon (I used 2T lemon juice)
- 2 ripe avacados
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 7.5 ounces canned salmon (I used the whole 15 ounce can)
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh chopped dill (I used about 1t dried)
- Squeeze half a lemon and put juice in a bowl.
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and dispose of pit.
- Scoop avocado out of the shell and set the shells aside.
- Dice avocado very small and place pieces in lemon juice.
- Stir well to coat to prevent browning.
- Add the green onion, celery and red pepper.
- Mash the salmon (including bones if you like) very well and add to avocado mixture. Add salt and fresh chopped dill to taste.
- Add the mayonnaise and stir well.
- Fill the avocado half shells and sprinkle some chopped dill to garnish.
Substitution: This salad may also be made with crab meat instead of the salmon.
For 4 servings, MasterCook shows the net carbs at 4, total carbs as
10, and fiber at 6.