Saturday, February 14, 2009

Almond Pancakes

Ingredients
  • 1/2 c ground almonds
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1 egg, separated
  • a little water, coconut milk, or cream, if needed
  1. Mix the dry ingredients. Add the egg yolk. If it's to thick, add a little water (or whatever) to thin it out till its a thick pancake batter texture.
  2. Whip the egg white to soft peaks. Fold the egg whites into the mixture. Cook on an ungreased/lightly greased pan.
  3. Makes enough for one by themselves, or two as a side dish.
  4. Whipping the egg white makes them a little lighter, but you can skip that step if you like.
NOTE: I usually include the carb count when I know it. I am not sure of the carb count on these if anyone lets me know, I will share it.

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket