- 2 cups grated raw yellow or green zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded low fat Mozzarella cheese
- Oil, for coating baking sheet
- 2 cups prepared pizza sauce
- 1 each large red and greeen bell pepper, cored, seeed and sliced in rings
- 1 meaty tomato, sliced thick seeded and drained
- 1/4 cup diced canned green chilies, drained (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a colander, toss together the zucchini and salt. let sit for 10 minutes. Rinse well. Squeeze liquid from the zucchini by hand and blot with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Combine in a bowl with the eggs and mozzarella.
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil a medium pizza pan or baking sheet. Press the zucchini mixture evenly onto the pan. Bake until lightly browned and crisp (12-15 minutes)
Spread the sauce over the zucchini crust. Top with the bell pepper rings, tomato and, if desired, chilies. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 10 minutes more and serve hot.
Serves 6 people.
Per serving: 150 calories, 13 gr protein, 11 gr carbs, 6 gr sugar, 6 gr fat,
79 Milligrams cholesterol, 754 milligrams sodium, 3 gr dietary fiber.
You can add pepperoni, sausage, bacon...whatever you like but be sure to add the additional carbs!