-= Ingredients =-
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs ; cut into thin strips
- 1 cup dried great northern beans ; rinsed, sorted *optional* omit to reduce carb count
- 1 medium onion ; chopped
- 1 garlic clove ; minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt ; (optional)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken sou
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can old el paso chopped green chili
8 hours 15 minutes 15 mins prep
- In 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker, combine chicken, beans, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, soup and water; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours or until beans are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- Just before serving, stir in cumin, hot pepper sauce and chiles. Serve with additional hot sauce if desired.
Serving size 1/2 cup