Yields: 7 servings
Recipe Cooking Time Preparation 10 minutes
Cooking 15 minutes
Ready In 25 minutes
- 12 each corn tortillas fat free, optional: whole wheat tortillas
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese non-fat, grated, optional: cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped, fresh, optional: parsely
- 2 each jalapeno peppers seeded, minced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 2 medium bananas sliced in thin circles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 6 tortillas on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cilantro, chiles, sprouts and bananas.
- Cover with the remaining tortillas and press down firmly.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese is soft and melted.
- Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges and serve with hot sauce or salsa.