- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 eggplant (approximately
- 1 pound), sliced into 1/2" rounds
- 2 green bell peppers, cored and cut
- into 1/2" slices
- 1 tomato, cut into 1/2" slices
- 1/2 onion, cut into 1/2" slices
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms, cut
- into 1/4" slices
- 1 24"-long thin French baguette
- Preheat the oven to 350 [degrees] F. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt and mustard. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- On a large parchment-lined nonstick baking sheet, place the eggplant, green pepper, tomato, onion, and mushroom slices in a single layer. (It may be necessary to use 2 sheets.) Roast the vegetables for 30 minutes, or until tender but not dry.
- Slice the baguette lengthwise and spread each side with the yogurt and mustard mixture. Layer the roasted vegetables over the spread on half of the baguette. Cover with the second half of the baguette and cut the loaf into four 6" sandwiches. Serves 4.
Sodium: 500 mg
Protein: 12 grams
Carbs: 50 grams
Fiber. 6 grams
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: 2 grams
(5% of calories)
Sat. Fat: 1 gram
(2% of calories)