- 2 cups fresh whole grain bread crumbs
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, stems discarded, leaves chopped
- 20 basil leaves, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 tomatoes, tops cut off, seeds removed
Mix the bread crumbs, parsley, basil, garlic, optional salt, pepper, and sugar. Stuff the tomatoes with this mixture.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the tomatoes are soft and the tops are golden brown.