Serving Size : 8
- 1 pound zucchini -- coarsely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 each large eggs -- lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Carbquik Bake Mix
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese -- (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans -- or walnuts
- olive oil for frying
1. In a colander, toss zucchini with salt and let stand 30 minutes to drain excess water. Press zucchini with the back of a spoon and then blot between paper towels. Place in a medium bowl.
2. Add green onions, eggs, bake mix, parsley, oregano, and pepper; mix well. Fold in the cheese and nuts.
3. Heat oven to warm setting. In a large non-stick skillet, heat a thin layer of oil over medium-high heat. In batches, drop zucchini in heaping tablespoonfuls onto skillet and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to oven to keep warm while preparing remaining pancakes. If you wish, top each hot pancake with a dollop of sour cream.
Yield: 16 pancakes
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving: 147 Calories; 11g Fat (55.5% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 113mg Cholesterol; 364mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2
Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.