I know this egg-based crust is going to sound strange, but I urge you to trust me and try this. I've tried a whole lot of low-carb pizza crusts over the years, and this is really the best one. No, it isn't like regular, but it's really good.
- 6 eggs
- 6 oz cream cheese (3/4 package) at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoon oregano or other Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinches of black and/or cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (or a little more) shredded Italian cheeses, at least half of which is a hard cheese (Parmesan, Assagio)
Heat the oven to 350° F.
1) Be sure the cream cheese is at about room temperature. Using a regular blender, food processor, or (my preferred) stick blender, mix the egg and cream cheese until well blended. Add the salt and spices and blend again.
2) Spread cheese in bottom of well-buttered 9X13 pan. Pour egg mixture over the cheese, and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the top is browning.
3) Remove from oven, add pizza toppings, and bake until done - about another 10-15 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information: Each serving has 1.5 grams effective carbohydrate plus 11 grams protein, and 179 calories.