- Take 1 lb. bag of dried chickpeas and put them in 2 quarts (8 cups) of water.
- Bring them to a boil and let them boil for a few minutes.
- Turn the heat off, moved them to a cooler part of the stove, and cover them.
- Let them sit there for about an hour.
- You can do another boil to cook them (these are just the instructions for a soak), but without doing this if they seems like a good consistency you can go ahead and roast them without the extra soak.
- Put down aluminum foil, shiny side up, and sprayed it with cooking spray.
- Use one tsp of garlic salt and about 3/4 tsp of regular salt and roast them at 350* for 30 minutes.
- Definitely not like regular chickpeas, AWESOME.
CrockPot Crunchy Roasted Garbanzo Beans
--2 cans garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and rinsed
--juice from one very small lemon
--1 t kosher salt
-- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- Drain and rinse your garbanzo beans, and dump them into the crockpot. Squeeze on the lemon juice, and add the salt and the touch of cayenne.
- Toss well to distribute the flavors.
- Prop the lid open of your crock to release the condensation.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until the garbanzo beans have shriveled up and have a crunch.