Monday, June 2, 2008

Peanut Butter Oatmeal

Peanut Butter Oatmeal

(1 serving)

1/4 to 1/2 cup oatmeal
water to cover oatmeal
sprinkle of salt
1 T peanut butter
ground cinnamon

  1. Put desired amount of oatmeal in bowl and sprinkle with salt. Cover with warm water, about 1/2 inch above oatmeal. (This will depend on how thick you like your finished oatmeal. I like my oatmeal rather runny, so decrease the water if you want a thicker oatmeal.)
  2. Microwave for one minute on high, remove bowl and stir. Microwave 30 seconds, stir again. Continue to microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring after each 15 seconds, until oatmeal reaches the desired consistency. I cooked mine about two minutes for regular oatmeal. Be careful that it doesn’t boil over when you get to the end of the cooking time. Remove oatmeal and stir in 1 tablespoon peanut butter. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon if desired. Serve hot.

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket