* 1 Tablespoon butter
* 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
* 6 large eggs
* 3/4 cup full-fat cottage cheese
* 3/4 cup heavy cream
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
* 1/2 teaspoon basil
* 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Melt butterin a heavy non-stick surface skillet. Add green onion; cook 5 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally. Combine eggs, cottage cheese, cream and water in mixing bowl; beat at medium speed until smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese, basil and pepper; pour mixture into skillet.
- Cook, covered tightly, over medium heat 15-17 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle paprika over top of quiche and garnish with strips of green onion tops, if desired.
- Serve from skillet or slide onto serving platter.
Serves 8 - 1.5 grams net gram of carbohydrate per serving.