Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cabbage and Sausages

Now I haven't done the calculations on this recipe, but it sounds like something I would like. It could be low carb depending on the "sausages" you used. Yves has some low carb ones. I have always really liked this blog and when I saw her recipes today I had to share it.

Kitchen Ramblings from a fairly Odd Tofu Mom:

Cabbage and Sausages



Just cook cabbage until tender-crisp, not soggy. Sauteed with some Field Roast sausage (my favorite "faux sausage" in the world, but use whatever you like) and really, how can you go wrong?

This hardly needs a recipe but:

4 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 Apple-Sage style Field Roast sausages, sliced
wee bit of olive oil
splash of cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Sautee Field Roast sausage slices with onion over med. heat until they start to brown. Add cabbage and cook, stirring frequently, until cabbage is done. Sprinkle with vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket