Saturday, October 21, 2006

Saturday Weigh-In--starting again

With my weight being stuck again at 190 lbs. I am going to have to go back to WW Flex. Out of 5 weigh-ins on WW Core, I only lost weight my second week. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Core. I enjoy the food, the freedom, and the way it makes me feel. And, once I get to goal, I will reward myself by switching back to Core. But for now, I need to try something to get this weight off. This is crazy. My body is holding on to this weight like a long lost lover. And I want no part of it. I have 25 lbs left to go to get to goal and I will get there. I am not done yet. I don't feel done.

I will still eat a lot of the things I learned about on Core because I enjoy them and they are really good for me. But I will start to count points again and recording them here. It is a pain in the butt but obviously it seems to be the only way I can do this. So here I go again, relearning how to eat Flex. If anyone has any great low-point foods, I am all ears and I would love to hear them.

Here is some information I found on a new twist on the Flex Points program. Use this version to jumpstart your program when you've hit a plateau or just want to jump feet-first into the program. I am going to consider this as a start to getting me back going. In the meantime, I am going to look up ideas and tips to help me. Do you have any that you can add?:

1) You eat 20 points per day for no more than two weeks (no matter what your weight is). Do NOT, under any circumstances go under this target!

2) Your 35 weekly Flex Points are not used for the duration of the Fast Track program.

3) Suggested menus can be found here: WW Eating Guide (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view - you can download it for free HERE)- you can follow either the higher carb or higher protein plans to get your 20 points in.

4) Remember to drink your water and eat your points in the most balanced manner possible!

5) Do NOT do Fast Track for longer than 2 weeks! To attempt to do so longer could cause damage to your metabolism. Fast Track is just a short-term program to jump start losses. It should be noted that if you feel you only need one week on it, than by all means, do it for only a week!

6) If you are exercising excessively, sticking to 20 points per day is probably not a realistic goal. Most have found eating some activity points, or just sticking to their regular Points Target is more helpful. If you exercise a lot, your body requires more calories for daily function. To not eat enough could possibly cause a short-term weight gain.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy you are doing so well, I think going back to counting points will help alot. Espically all the great tips!!! I am still eating about 2000 cal per day except the day before weigh in I drop down to about 1400 and eat low sodium that day too. But I think the main thing helping me is walking. As soon as you can get that pedometer!!! :-)
hugs,
April

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask you if you'd ever tried the "Wendie Plan". It helped my friend reach goal but I lost not a pound on it.

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know I just cannot read your blog anymore with the dark background. Sorry to be so picky but it is hard for me to read it..the dark on the dark is just hard...Just thought I would let you know...Sandy

Anonymous said...

Good choice.
I know you can do it... keep on keeping on

Anonymous said...

My taco soup recipe I listed a couple weeks ago is only 2 pts per cup and it's very filling. Don't eat it 2 days before WI though. My husband and I have both found beans to weigh us down, so we don't eat any beans 2 days before weigh in. I think if you stick to your flex pts you will see a loss next week. Changing it up helps the body keep going, and then you can switch back to core. :)

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket