Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday Beginnings

As I have said before, Monday feels like the beginnning of the week to me. It feels like a time to take a look at my plan and check to see if it needs to be reevaluated. This way of doing things helps to keep me motivated and on-plan. So this morning I was doing research and I found some tips I thought I would share. The comments in brackets and italics are mine.

The Successful Dieters diet plan includes the following AND the
Unsuccessful Dieter plan does not:

  • A diet plan that will fit the dieter's daily routine. When the Successful Dieter finds a diet that they would like to try but it doesn't quite fit their lifestyle, they take time to modify the diet plan. (I truly believe that you have to modify your plan to fit you. The only way a
    diet can work is if you stick to it and you will never stick to it if it is too far from how you live your life)
  • Many times, Diet Failure is not the fault of the dieters. Unfortunate circumstances in life may suddenly pop up and it's almost impossible trying to deal with a diet during stressful times. Stress can break a diet plan; no stress can equate to Diet Success. (I do know that times of stress are when I tend to fall off the diet wagon, but for me knowing that I am getting right back on again and not letting a fall be a failure is key)
  • Successful dieters almost always have the support of the people they are around - such as family members, co-workers and friends who are respectful and helpful because they want the dieter to succeed. (Prince Charming as been wonderful in his praise and his support. He is proud of me and what I accomplished. I am so grateful for his support)
  • Exercise! It's a must in the Successful Dieter's overall Diet Plan. Yes, you can lose weight without exercise, but you'll lose weight faster with exercise, and you'll also strengthen your body. (I have to admit that in the beginning, I exercised quite a bit, but at around the 35 lbs
    mark, I slacked off. The weight came off, but slower and I lost another 20 lbs hardly
    exercising at all. But I am back on the exercise wagon now and feeling really good and energized.)
  • Successful Dieters always have a backup plan in place for those tempting moments when they would like to 'just quit' their diet plan NOW. A backup plan fights off a binge, gives the dieter self-esteem for not quitting their diet, and makes those weight loss goals a step closer away! (I am not sure what backup plan I have. I guess, I keep snacks in the house that satisfy
    my cravings without going off plan. Instead of chips and chocolate bars, I have smart pop popcorn and low fat granola bars. I keep things to satisfy my sweet tooth around and then I am less likely to go binge on ice cream)


I am off to the gym today. I am looking forward to stretching my muscles and getting all the kinks worked out. One thing I never counted on when I joined the gym was how good it would make me feel. Doing exercise videos in the living room never made me feel this good!

Food for Monday:

  • 2 points--granola bar
  • 5 points--peanut butter and Jelly whole wheat tortilla
  • 0 points--coffee
  • 2 points--fat free frankfurters
  • 1 points--ww bread
  • 0 points--coffee
  • 3 points--veggie chili and veggies
  • 3 points--fruit and yogurt
  • 2 points--peanut butter
  • 1 point--jelly
  • 1 point--ww bread
  • 1 point--fruit bar
  • 2 points--lf granola bar
  • 2 points--smart pop popcorn
  • 25 points--total for Monday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the tips...there are some very good ones here. Thanks for sharing!

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket