- Miracle of miracles, I made a supper that Little Princess, Prince Charming and all ate. And it wasn't something like hamburgers or pizza. I made a lean roast and barley with squash, onions and peppers. She ate the roast and picked out the squash and ate it. I have to find new recipes for barley. She didn't care for the barley but I don't care! she ate supper and it was healthy! Woohoo!
Barley and Squash
1/2 squash cubed
1 onion chopped
1 pepper chopped
1 cup barley
2 cups chicken broth
Cook first three ingredients in Pam coated pan for about 3 minutes. Add Barley and cook an additional 3 minutes. Add chicken broth, seasoning and salt and pepper. Cook for about 30 - 35 minutes. I added additional bullion for extra flavoring. Yummy!
- I made the best snack last night.
Chocolate Oatmeal Pancakes
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 tsp baking powder
6 heaping tsp splenda
1/4 cup ff plain yogurt
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce.
Combine ingredients and cook like pancakes. Flip when browned on one side. Cooks very fast. Quick snack to make.
- I have been feeling really good about myself lately. Thanks to Prince Charming I am feeling confident and sexy. And I love how this feels. I have never felt this way.
- I found some special lingerie that I bought when I got married that I haven't been able to wear in years. You should have seen the look on Prince Charmings face when I tried it on.
- Prince Charming is getting a kick out of all the new grains we are trying. Every day he goes to school and tells his classmate what I am feeding him. LOL. It is really funny to me that he is so amused.
Friday, September 29, 2006
Posted by TC Harris
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.