- 1 spray(s) cooking spray, (5 one-second sprays per serving)
- 1 small onion(s), chopped
- 1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
- 3 pound(s) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup(s) carrot(s), baby
- 1 cup(s) canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 15 oz canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp table salt
* Coat a small pot with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes.
* Place squash in a 3-quart or larger slow cooker (crockpot). Add onion and garlic, carrots, tomatoes, broth, cinnamon, cumin and red pepper flakes. Cover and turn on to low heat; simmer for 6 hours.
* Add chickpeas and salt. Stir, cover and heat for 5 minutes. Yields about 1 1/3 cups per servin
PointsPlus™ Value: 5