Today for my lunch I am making French Toast. I can't wait to try it! I have some berries in the freezer so I will make a little sauce to put up on top and it should be fabulous and delicious! Yummy!
ETA: After trying this I have to say it was super-yummy. It tasted like banana bread. I really enjoyed it. I do think I will have to invest in a non-stick pan if I make it again though because it really wanted to stick and I hate to use the kind of oil it would take to make it not stick. But that being said, it was a fabulous luxurious treat!!!
Vegan French Toast
* 2 very ripe bananas
* 1 cup water (more or less, for consistency)
* 1 tsp Breakfast Spice Mix (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice)
* 1 tbsp flour
* 5-6 slices whole grain bread
* 2 tsp olive oil
* 1 apple, diced
* 1 orange, chopped
1. Blend the bananas with enough water to make a runny but thick consistency. Blend or stir in the spices. Heat a pan to medium-high, and add a teaspoon or less of olive oil. Dip a piece of bread in the batter quickly, coating both sides, then lay in the pan. Try to get a bit of the oil underneath the slice. Repeat for as many slices as will fit in your pan. Leave the toast to cook on the first side until they are lightly browned. Flip, and cook until lightly browned on the other side as well.
2. Serve topped with your favorite fresh fruit, some lightly cooked berries, or some real maple syrup. I hope you enjoy this vegan french toast recipe, the latest of my healthy vegan recipes, as much as we did this morning.